Market of Choice says it is recalling its Sezam Kale Salad product because the food is made with eggs. Unfortunately, eggs are not declared on the salads’ packaging. (Eggs are one of the so-called “Big 8” allergens that not only has to be listed on product labels but also needs to be highlighted in a particular way to protect those allergic to eggs.)
The supermarket chain says the salads were sold in the deli cases of several of its stores. The list of stores the company provided includes:
- Market of Choice 2580 Willakenzie Avenue in Eugene
- Market of Choice 1960 Franklin Blvd in Eugene
- Market of Choice 1060 Green Acres Road in Eugene
- Market of Choice 67 West 29th Avenue in Eugene
- Market of Choice 6639 Hood Street in Eugene
- Market of Choice 250 NW Lost Springs Terrace in Portland
- Market of Choice 1475 Siskyou Blvd in Ashland
These salads were in stores from February 14, 2018 through February 20, 2018.
The company says it has received no reports of anyone being sickened or injured by the undisclosed egg ingredient.
The company did not provide any best-by dates. If you still have any of the recalled food on hand you can return it to your local store for a full refund. And if you need more information, you can call the company at 1-541-513-0486 during regular business hours and speak directly to a customer representative.