Spiraledge has announced a recall of 12,400 of its Everyday Yoga Backless Yoga Chair products–some of which were sold under the Sporti Studio brand name–after receiving three reports of the products breaking at the seat or a welded support rod. One user reported a minor injury after just such an incident.
Another 120 or so are thought to be in use in Canada. Health Canada says it has documented no breakage incidents.
The company’s press statements do not say how many chairs broke at the seat and how many broke at the support rod but the chairs apparently have potential weaknesses in both spots due to missing parts and inadequate welding.
The exact list being recalled in the US includes:
- Everyday Yoga Backless Yoga Chair – Aqua with product code 8132666-001, SKU YG0013-Aqua and UPC 849045071985
- Everyday Yoga Backless Yoga Chair – Black with product code 8132666-002, SKU YG0013-Black and UPC 849045071961
- Everyday Yoga Backless Yoga Chair – White with product code 8132666-003, SKU YG0013-White and UPC 849045084183
- Everyday Yoga Backless Yoga Chair – Plum with product code 8132666-004, SKU YG0013-Plum and 849045084176
- Everyday Yoga Backless Yoga Chair – Peacock with product code 8132666-005, SKU YG0013-Peacock and 849045071978
- Everyday Yoga Tall Backless Yoga Chair – Black with product code 8162640-001, SKU YG0040-Black and 843203005775
- Everyday Yoga Tall Backless Yoga Chair – Plum with product code 8162640-002, SKU YG0040-Plum and UPC 843203005829
- Everyday Yoga Tall Backless Yoga Chair – White with product code 8162640-003, SKU YG0040-White and 843203005843
Once your report is fully processed you’ll get a store credit for your trouble.
These products were all manufactured by Chinese-based Zhangzhou Zhonghao Furniture.